All parents / carers should have received an e-mail from school today about the proposed reopening of St Francis' and Horndale Infants. If you have not received the e-mail, please contact school. The message reads as follows:
Dear Parents and Carers
Thank you to all parents who have responded to our request for information for possible returning to school in Y3,4 and 5. We acknowledge that this is a very difficult decision to make and is reliant on many factors, both known and unknown. It is important that you understand we can make the school "safe" in physical terms by introducing many social distancing and cleaning routines and by risk assessing the daily routines. We cannot however, guarantee that the school will be a Covid19 free environment - we can cleanse, follow guidance and routines as advised by the Local Authority and Government. We can rigorously enforce social distancing but we cannot say that school is free of Covid19, as we know that it is in the local community at this time.
I have attached the risk assessment for CHILDREN which has been agreed with the Chair and Vice Chair of Governors. As you can see, this is a comprehensive document in which I have tried to follow the school day and mitigate risks. PLEASE read this carefully, as I feel it will help you to make decisions for your child(ren) We have had many discussions with colleagues in Horndale Infant school and have reached the conclusion that we wish to delay opening the school to Y6 until the 8th of June 2020 at the earliest so that we can further assess the rate of infection in Newton Aycliffe. By this date, it is also hoped that the "Track and Trace" system will be operational to help reduce further the rate of infection.
I have attached a letter signed by myself, Mr Brown and our respective Chairs of Governors which explains our rationale further.
Should you wish to ask any questions please reply to this email and a member of the Senior Management Team will be in touch.
Mrs Jane Wilkinson