Small classes mean that teachers get to know all children really well. They provide the most appropriate work to enable all children to make the most progress with their learning. Teachers use lots of different strategies to remove barriers for learning for every child.
• Differentiated learning materials
• Access to ICT and Technology
• Additional in class support
• Additional out of class support (small group or 1:1 support)
• Many enrichment and enjoyment opportunities to stimulate and motivate learning such as music lessons.
• Flexible groupings – including small group support work
• An innovative, engaging and supportive curriculum
• Consistency across all staff including the appropriate use of rewards and sanctions
• Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements
• Applications during national testing at Key Stage 2 to obtain access arrangements as appropriate.
Staff attend training regularly. We will respond quickly to any new need that we find within school.
We also have staff in school who have been trained as Childline Counsellors and MENCAP respite workers.